PURPOSE AND DIRECTION
Learning for Life!
The West Memphis School District envisions students who are inspired to become life-long learners, prepared to succeed in post-secondary education and careers, by reaching their full potential as contributors within a global society.
The West Memphis School District is committed to educating all students to the highest standards of excellence by providing a rigorous and varied curriculum in a safe and respectful environment that will empower them to become productive citizens of a culturally diverse society.
· We believe in a strong, collaborative partnership among parents, school, and community.
· We believe all students need to acquire knowledge and skills needed for success in the real world.
· We believe each student, regardless of race, ethnicity, disabilities, gender, or socioeconomic background, has equal opportunities in all facets of the educational setting.
· We believe the curriculum should be data-driven, rigorous, and diversified in ways to challenge and engage each student to reach his or her full potential.
· We believe in supporting our faculty and staff’s ongoing, comprehensive professional development in their respective fields.
· We believe in utilizing advanced technology to enrich and inspire learning and teaching for all students and staff.
· We believe all students, staff, and community will be treated with dignity, tolerance, and respect to promote a safe and orderly environment for learning.
· We believe parents and guardians should be actively involved in the education of their children through programs provided by the district.
- To maintain a safe and respectful environment in well-maintained facilities
- To meet and exceed the State’s minimum requirements for Annual Measurable Objectives
- To actively engage all students in a rigorous and challenging curriculum
- To access all available resources for continuous improvement
West Memphis School District welcomes you to explore our site and learn more about our schools. Below is a snapshot of information about our district. More details can be found by visiting the many links on this page. Content is grouped in a few main categories and by campus. PARENTS, STUDENTS, & STAFF categories will guide you to resources specific to those visitors. Hopefully you will find exactly what you need quickly, but if you would like even quicker information you can register online for RSS Feeds , E-mail Notifications, and even SMS Text messages for added convenience. Click the "Notify Me" icon below to begin registration for these services.